Disc Golf in Schools partners with school’s physical education programs and organizes clinics to introduce students to the sport of disc golf.
- To help grow the sport of disc golf by getting disc golf incorporated into school’s physical education programs;
- To give youth out-of-school opportunities to build their disc golf skills (afterschool programs, tournaments, leagues, special events, etc…);
- To partner with local businesses to get small, youth and family-friendly courses built at or near schools.
Why Disc Golf in Schools?
Disc golf has lots of benefits for people of all ages and abilities. Here’s just a few reasons why we are working to get disc golf into as many schools as possible:
- Anyone can play. One of our favorite things about disc golf is how it provides a way for people of any skill level to play together.
- Disc golf encourages physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Disc golf provides a fun and challenging outdoor activity that can keep you in shape and help build not just physical skills (strength, stability, balance), but mental skills (concentration, focus, patience).
- Schools can use disc golf in the classroom. Many schools are introducing disc golf into their curriculum with an emphasis on physical fitness, ecology, math, physics and planning.
Thanks to Pac West Disc Golf Alliance for their support!
In November 2016, Disc Golf in Schools was accepted into the Pac West Disc Golf Alliance (PacWest DGA), a registered 501-c3 non-profit. Pac West DGA is a community based non-profit organization whose one goal is to promote disc golf as a healthy activity and bring it to as many people as possible.
Thanks to their generous fiduciary and organizational support, donations and support for Disc Golf in Schools is tax-deductible.
We are proud to be a part of PacWest DGA and share their mission of Education, Improvement, Fostering Growth. Learn more about PacWest DGA at: http://www.pacwestdga.com/.